stories and recipes from a young mom who is still just trying to figure it all out!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

what is green, warm, and delicious all over?

Warm spinach salad... I have come to the conclusion that this is the most delicious way to eat spinach! I will be honest, I am not the best when it comes to eating my veggies; I am more in the fan club of sweets, fruit and lots of bread and grains. But like a good girl I make sure to include some green stuff as often as I can. This recipe is incredibly simple and super delicious.

Warm Spinach with Roasted Garlic

1 bag baby spinach
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 head garlic
1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

preheat oven to 400 degrees. cut off the tip of your head of garlic with a sharp knife and wrap it in foil. roast in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour. it is done when it is fragrant and the clove is golden brown once peeled. once it is done, let it cool and then peel off the skin

in a saute pan, heat the olive oil. add the spinach and immediately drizzle lemon juice over the top. saute the spinach until halfway wilted, about 2 minutes. turn off the heat and toss with the garlic cloves and salt. serve immediately

Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment